A hospital is a lifeline for ensuring the health of a nation. Rajasthan is a state with the most amount of tribal and rural population. According to the 1991 census, Udaipur District is one of the poorest districts in the country. The population mostly amounts to tribal populations and rural areas. The healthcare facilities are poor and very few people are literate, among which only 5% of the women population is educated.
After the slow intervention of the healthcare system in the nearby districts along with Udaipur, Dr. BR Chaudhary started this vision of providing healthcare facilities to all the areas nearby to bring about change in the society. He created his first Multispecialty hospital called Chaudhary Hospital in Udaipur. His objective to create a healthcare establishment was to a healthy society. Today has served a large number of people, creating awareness to the most backward societies also.
Contribution of Chaudhary Hospital in transforming the healthcare system of Udaipur
Chaudhary Hospital caters to people from all walks of life and ages, there are various insurance policies in place to help the poor get proper care without money becoming a hurdle. Chaudhary Hospital serves 12 districts of Rajasthan and some parts of Madhya Pradesh. There are-
- 150+ bedded hospitals
- Advanced operations theaters
- Intense care units
- Trauma and Emergency
- Dialysis, Pathology
- 24/7 Ambulance Service
Among other diagnostic services. The healthcare facilities range from Pediatric care to internal medicine. Read along as we explore how the hospital became a beacon of hope to various isolated places with a less and poor population with no healthcare facilities in the vicinity or around. It has Performed 30,000+ surgeries, served more than 1,00,000 OPD Patients, Provides multi-specialty services like Medicine, General & laparoscopic Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Gastroenterology, Trauma & Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Urology, Radiology, Paediatrics, Clinical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, ENT, Pulmonology, Interventional Spine & Pain Management, Dental surgery & Physiotherapy.
Dr. Chaudhary Hospital journey towards excellence
Chaudhary Hospital pioneers in providing world-class care according to the various needs of its patients and surgeons. It is NABH Certified Hospital with COVID Care units and has treated over 1000 COVID Patients. It is best known for being the first multi-specialty hospital in Udaipur. One of the other major USPs of the hospital is its location. The hospital is located in the middle of the city, near the bus station, and at a convenient distance to both of the cities’ railway stations.
The hospital has bridged the gap between people not having any access to healthcare in rural areas to providing healthcare to many underprivileged people and communities. We have hospitals in various rural parts of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
1. Affordable Treatment: Chaudhary Hospital has treatments for all kinds of diseases and ailments. There are various schemes and insurance policies that enable the poor population of the rural areas to be able to cover any expenses that might incur due to expensive medical procedures.
2. Easy access to all facilities: Due to the portable ramps and elevators, mobility is not an issue inside the hospital. Even access to the hospital is very accessible from the bus stops and railway stations. There are various public transportation facilities available to and from the hospital.
3. A larger team of doctors: A Multi-specialty Hospital is the one that has facilities for all ailments and diseases with an expert team of doctors and specialists. The patients are so immensely taken care of with air-conditioned rooms and canteens inside and personalized care. The amenities could include these but not limited to:
General Medicine, General Surgery, Neuro physician, neurosurgeon, gastro physician, gastro surgeon, cardiologist, cardiothoracic surgeon, ENT, pulmonology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, hemato onco, orthopedic, gynecology and obstetric, pediatric, nephrologist, urologist, endocrinologist, plastic surgeon, dentist.
4. Better integration with Insurance Companies: If your insurance company is tied to one specialty hospital or service, they only have coverage for limited treatments and facilities. Those insurance policies cannot have an alliance with all specialty hospitals, therefore if all the facilities and treatments are available under one roof, the insurance companies have better integration with hospitals and have more coverage.
5. Location: Chaudhary Hospital is situated right in the middle of the city in Sector 4, Udaipur. The area is a very busy area and has a footfall of at least 50,000 people daily. The aim of the hospital is to be closer to the Railway Station and the bus station, for the migrants from outside Udaipur, who are seeking treatment, does not have to travel for long to get good healthcare services.
The financial health of a country is very important, keeping in mind the on-going crisis and onset of the recession, there are various things that affect the overall growth of a person and a country, in many ways, they go hand in hand.
Chaudhary Hospital’s Medi claims and Corporate Collaborations
Chaudhary Hospital is affiliated with various recognized Mediclaim companies with collaboration with many good corporate companies, Mediclaim schemes like Bhamashah Swastha Bima Yojna which ensures many underprivileged communities to seek treatment. Companies like Bajaj Allianz, Government of Rajasthan, RIICO, National Insurance, Ajmer Vidyut Nigam Limited, etc. Always striving for providing care to all people successfully, you can avail of privileges and coverage by all our associated firms.