Obstetrics and Gynecology deal with pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period(obstetrics) and the health of the female reproductive systems (vagina, uterus, and ovaries) and the breasts (gynecology).
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Dr. Chaudhary Hospital is dedicated to women’s health and wellbeing. It provides comprehensive medical treatment for gynecological problems as well as obstetric services.
The Labour ROOM is in close proximity to the operation theatre which provides all emergency services for Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 24 hours a day: (eg- Caesarean section, abortion services, ectopic pregnancy or management of antepartum or post-partum bleeding, etc ).
Common Gynecologic Procedures performed at CHMRC:
- Colposcopy Office examination of the cervix,
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy.
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)..
- Endometrial Biopsy.
- Endometrial Ablation
- Laparoscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH).
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy (LSH)
- LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure)
- Ovarian Cystectomy.
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (TAH)
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH)
- Transvaginal or Transobturator Taping (TVT, TOT).
- Total Vaginal Hysterectomy (TVH
- Tubal Ligation.