Pediatric surgery is the diagnosis and treatment (operative and non-operative) of children (usually up to 15 years of age) who may require surgery.
We, at Dr. Chaudhary Hospital, provides the best pediatric surgery services in Udaipur. We offering age-appropriate, compassionate care. Our Pediatric Surgeon and experienced staff and doctors help both, you and your child, to be calm & healthy.
Common pediatric diseases that may require pediatric surgery include:
- Herniotomy for congenital inguinal (groin area) hernia and hydrocoele (collection of fluid around the testes)
- Correction of undescended testis.
- Repair of umbilical (belly-button) hernia.
- Appendectomy— when the appendix becomes infected or it is painful due to inflammation, it may need to be removed
- Biliary atresia— this surgical procedure corrects a congenital birth defect where the bile produced by the liver cannot be emptied properly..
- Various cancer treatments
- Congenital defects— there are numerous congenital defects that may impact the ability of a child to thrive. Malformed lungs, kidneys, and hearts are the most common defects that require surgical care..
- Gallbladder surgery
- Gastroschisis— this defect causes the intestines and stomach to fall from the body through a hole in the infant’s abdomen.
- Bowed chest
- Reproductive defects
- Removal of the spleen
- Removal of diseased intestines
- GERD treatment— also referred to as acid reflux
- Abnormal pathways— when a child’s trachea or esophagus is malformed.
- Imperforate anus— if a child is born without an opening in the anus